This page contains information related to XMapTools 3.4 which has been discontinued is and no longer updated. We recommend you to try XMapTools 4 here
- Unzip the archive file XMapTools-X.Y.Z-Package01.zip in a suitable directory such as /UserHome/Documents/MATLAB/. It is strongly recommended to use this directory to install XMapTools. Here, MATLAB© always has the permissions to write in files. It is recommended to not have blank (space) in the address of the location of MATLAB© codes such as XMapTools
The archive file contains four folders: Program, Addons, UserFiles and Example. Program contains the XMapTools program files and should not be edited. UserFiles contains user’s functions and codes and Addons the extensions.
Program and working directories
- Create two subdirectories in your local MATLAB© directory: …/UserHome/Documents/MATLAB/XMapTools/ for the program and …/UserHome/Documents/MATLAB/MappingData/ to store the X-ray data
- The folders Program/, UserFiles/ and Addons/ go in …/UserHome/Documents/MATLAB/XMapTools/
- The folder Example/ goes in …/UserHome/Documents/MATLAB/Xray_Data/
Warning: If data or projects files are stored into the folder XMapTools Program/, they will be deleted during the automatic update. A warning message is displayed if the user attempts to run XMapTools from the setup directory.
- XMapTools is ready to be installed, run in MATLAB© XMapTools/Program/Install_XMapTools.p and follow the instructions. More details regarding this procedure are provided in the user guide